Terms and Conditions of www.computerdesk.com should be read prior to using the site. Do not continue if you do not agree with any of the terms or conditions.
All content associated with www.computerdesk.com, including all graphics, text, coding, and other information are property of www.computerdesk.com. Printing or copying of material is prohibited. Furthermore, display of any material associated with www.computerdesk.com may not be used for commercial purposes unless specifically authorized by the site administrator.
All logos, trade names, and trademarks of www.computerdesk.com, or any other business information displayed on this site, are registered trademarks of www.computerdesk.com.
Assembly of Products
The vast majority of our products do not come fully assembled and must be assembled by the customer when they receive those products. All products will come with easy to understand assembly instructions, but we at www.officcomputerdeskedesk.com are not responsible for assembly or for any issues that arise from assembly. If there are missing parts or incorrect parts, of course we will get those to you free of charge. If you would like an assembly group to come to your home and assemble the products, give us a call for a quote on such work.
Limitation of Liability
www.computerdesk.com is not liable for consequential or special damages that have resulted from the direct use or lack of ability to use any products on www.computerdesk.com, including but not limited to product performance.
In the rare occurrence that a www.computerdesk.com product has a price that was incorrect, we reserve the right to cancel or refuse such orders. A full refund will be issued if your order is canceled under such circumstances.
www.computerdesk.com and the products and materials on this site are provided to you "as is" without warranties of any kind, whether implied or expressed. Warranties may be in effect from the manufacturer, but www.computerdesk.com will not be held responsible for such warranties, and claims must be pursued directly with the manufacturer in such a case.
Shipping & Damage Information
We proudly offer free shipping on all orders at www.computerdesk.com. The only stipulations are that you must have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) and you must be in the 48 continental states. Most of our manufacturers will ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, but there are extra fees associated with such orders. Contact us for a shipping quote if you live in Canada, Alaska, or Hawaii. We ship some of our products via FedEx or UPS, and heavy products or larger orders ship through various heavy freight companies (LTL freight carriers).
Our products are packaged properly to ensure you receive your products in perfect condition. Please be aware that certain LTL (heavy freight) carriers will not deliver the boxes inside but will only drop the pallet or boxes off at your curb. We try to include inside delivery on all of our shipments, but sometimes the carrier does not offer this service. Items shipped with FedEx or UPS will be delivered to your door but also will not be carried inside. This is your responsibility as the receiver of the shipment.
RECEIVING SHIPMENTS - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
When you receive an LTL shipment, you or a representative must be present at the delivery location, since the package must receive a signature before being left. The reason LTL carriers require a signature on all shipments is so that they can have a record that the shipment was received in perfect condition. So when you sign your name on the line, you are stating that this shipment is in perfect condition. The reason they want this record is because by nature of being heavier and bulkier, LTL shipments are damaged more often than FedEx (small freight) shipments. The delivery agent will push you for a quick signature, just telling you to look over the box and then sign. However, this is not what we recommend! They want a quick signature so they can file that shipment as "done" and avoid having to pay for any damages after the fact.
So when receiving LTL shipments, here is the best course:
1. Inspect the boxes first. If the boxes are very beat up - misshapen or with holes in the exterior - we recommend refusing the shipment without even opening the boxes.
2. If the boxes look okay, tell the delivery agents they will have to wait a few minutes while you open the boxes and inspect the pieces. Please be careful while opening the boxes, and open them with a box cutter to avoid damaging the boxes (since they may become necessary if there is a problem inside).
3. Open and inspect the pieces inside - look for any damages. If you notice wide-scale damages, go ahead and inform the carrier that you are refusing the shipment. The boxes will need to be closed back up and they can take them back with them. DO NOT SIGN THE DELIVERY SLIP IF YOU ARE REFUSING THE SHIPMENT.
4. If you notice one or two small issues that are correctable, like a couple of boards that are banged up, you do not need to refuse the shipment. Simply write a detailed note on the delivery slip about what is damaged before signing. Then we can get those pieces replaced for you free of charge.
5. If everything looks good, go ahead and sign the delivery slip.
The vast majority of our orders are delivered in perfect condition. Occasionally, however, products or parts are damaged in shipping. If you open the product and find it to have damaged or defective parts, replacement parts will be shipped to you free of charge. If, instead of receiving replacement parts you want to return the unit because of the damage, you may do so in most cases, but you will be responsible for return freight and will also be charged a restocking fee, which is 20% (imposed by the manufacturer warehouses).
We will take care of all damage issues, but we highly recommend you wait for replacement parts (or a replacement unit if that is needed) instead of trying to return the entire unit, as the cost of freight makes this a much more difficult endeavor. If a box appears visibly damaged at delivery, you are encouraged to refuse the shipment due to damage. We will then be able to ship a replacement out to you right away, and since you refused the shipment we are able to file a claim for the damage done by the carrier. If you see any damage but it is minor and you do not wish to refuse the delivery, please note all damages on the delivery slip before signing off. This will make claims on your behalf possible. And please ensure all boxes remain usable. If boxes are destroyed and become unusable due to being ripped apart, a return may become impossible, as the item cannot be returned to the manufacturer outside of the original box. With all of that said, we will work with you to ensure you receive a high quality product in perfect condition, and we will work to ensure your satisfaction regardless of how long it takes!
If you place your order and immediately change your mind, you may cancel your order without strings attached. Just call or e-mail us to cancel your order. If you wish to return an item after it has been shipped or received (not due to damage but due to a change of heart), there are a few requirements:
1. The item must be unopened and in completely new condition. This means that it is packed exactly the way it was by the warehouse, with all packing materials, box, pieces, etc. and taped up just the way they shipped it out. If you are not sure you want the item, don't open it.
2. You must request a return authorization from us, and we will then request a return authorization from the warehouse it shipped from.
3. If the return is authorized (that is typically not a problem), you will be given instructions on how to ship the item back to the warehouse (return shipping fees are your responsibility).
4. Once the item is received by the warehouse and confirmed in "new" condition, they will refund us, minus the restocking fee they impose, which is 20%. We will refund you all except that restocking fee and the cost of outbound freight (refund is usually about 60% of the original purchase price).
Please note: do not rip boxes apart when your desk is received, or a return will become impossible. Take care that the boxes remain in new condition.
Product and Assembly Safety
www.computerdesk.com does not manufacture, design, or ship any of the items offered on the site. Because of this, we make absolutely no guarantee regarding the safety of the products sold on our website. The safety of all products is solely the responsibility of the manufacturer, and generally our manufacturers are top-notch companies that offer warranties on all of their products. We stand behind our manufacturers and are careful to select only the best, but we cannot guarantee anything regarding the package you receive as we are not involved in the manufacturing or shipping process.
www.computerdesk.com may provide notice (of receipt of payment, shipment, problems with order, etc.) to persons by email or by another reliable means based on the information provided to us at the time of order.
All materials created or posted by users accessing this site cannot and will not be reviewed by www.computerdesk.com. By giving users access to distribute and view content created by our users you acknowledge that www.computerdesk.com acts as only a passive conduit for such and does not assume any responsibility, liability, or obligation relating to activities or contents on this site. www.computerdesk.com reserves the right to remove or block materials or communications that it views as defamatory, obscene or abusive, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, or a violation of a trademark or copyright.
You agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify www.computerdesk.com, its owners, employees, directors, and suppliers against all expenses, losses, costs, or damages, as well as all attorneys' fees that result from any violation of the terms and conditions or any related activity to your account by you or any persons who access this site using an internet account belonging to you.